I have been working at my company for over a month! I feel adjusted to being a working person now and I’m totally out of school mode. I biked through campus on my way home today and it was weird, like I could have been just coming from class or something but I wasn’t.
I’m still waiting to hear if the company will be hiring me permanently or not, which is stressful but doable. The worst time is when all of my bosses are in interviews in the conference room near my office and I can *almost* hear what they are asking the candidate. I love my job here and I think I’m really good at it, so I just want them to hire me already!
*Update:* the funny thing is that my boss called me into a meeting while I was writing the above paragraph of this post and while I am not an official, regular employee yet, they have made it clear that I’m not going anywhere soon and that December is looking like my official hiring time!!! I’m an employed college graduate!
Anyway, here’s a recipe that I got at the cooking class I went to two weekends ago (that’s how long it’s taken me to write this post. It’s so easy, delicious, and healthy!
Adapted from recipe by Chef Debra Chase
- 1 bag chopped kale (to save time) or 1 bunch kale
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 can black olives, sliced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt*
- pepper to taste
- Put kale in a mixing bowl (non-reactive, like glass, ceramic, or plastic) and sprinkle salt over the leaves. Massage leaves until the turn darker green.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the leaves and massage again. The leaves should get a bit darker and seem “cooked” by the acid.
- Add tomatoes and olives to the kale and mix together.
- Mash the avocado with olive oil and pepper until smooth and then toss into salad.
- Serve chilled.
*Be careful adding more salt to this salad since the kale is already salted. Taste before you add more!